HSINCHU, Taiwan–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Taiwan’s largest and one of the world’s leading high-tech applied research institutions, invites you to its booth 25650, LVCC, South Hall 2 at CES 2020 to: meet the PECOLA companion robot; experience the clinically tested non-contact method for sleep apnea—the WiFi Sleep Apnea Detection System; view iStimUweaR garments and pads; learn about breakthroughs in baby monitoring technology with GenkiCam (stop by to see if the camera can read your emotions); have your picture taken by MARS (mobile arm robot system); and explore ITRI’s nine innovative technology introductions in artificial intelligence (AI) & robotics and digital health, including two CES 2020 Innovation Awards Honorees:
- The PECOLA (Personal Companion for Older People Living Alone) robot, a CES 2020 Innovation AwardsHonoree, with its Ambient Intelligence Technology collects daily life and physiological data unnoticeably and analyzes lifestyle, sleep, diet, and physical activities as well as emotions with a high degree of specificity. It facilitates social interaction with caregivers and family and quickly detects abnormal behaviors in older adults–sending alerts for early treatment and accident prevention.
- iStimUweaR, a CES 2020 Innovation AwardsHonoree, is a health-assisting system that integrates TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) into fabrics. It intelligently evaluates body status and provides optimized stimulation for pain relief, self-massage, and personal healthcare improvement.
- WiFi Sleep Apnea Detection System features a clinically tested non-contact method to identify sleep breathing status via low-power WiFi signals and automatically inflates a cushion under the sleeper’s pillow to keep the user’s airway open.
- GenkiCam is an AIoT camera deploying a deep neural network and ICA algorithm into an embedded system for baby care. Leveraging machine learning via big data collection, labeling and training, it recognizes a baby’s behavior and emotions as well as detecting heart and respiration rate and sends notifications to parents immediately should any safety issues occur.
- MARS is a smart integrated service robot platform combining mobility, sensing, manipulation, and human-machine interaction functions.
- Robot with Smart Joints: to reduce design difficulty and occupied volume of the electric control box of a robot manipulator, ITRI integrates the motor and driver into a joint module for each joint of the robot manipulator.
- Micro LED Technology and Applications: ITRI’s micro LED display features low power consumption and high brightness. Through innovative “pixel area release” technology, the display integrates sensing functions between pixels and brightness is adjusted automatically according to indoor/outdoor ambient light conditions. Furthermore, panel size can be defined freely, and maintenance expenses are largely saved. In 2019, ITRI developed fine pitch passive matrix micro-LED display modules by directly transferring μLED arrays onto PCB substrates.
- ITRI Cloud Gaming system, backed by ARM SOC cluster, breaks the rule that players must download a game to the terminal device. With virtual mobility infrastructure (VMI), the cloud gaming mode moves the workload from the player’s device to the data center. Players can simply play a game without downloading it. Through integration with the AI training system, game developers can simulate player behaviors from the battles collected in the data center and reduce game development timeeffectively.
Mechavision Tactile Sensing Technology: Mechavison Inc., an ITRI spinoff company, provides efficient tactile sensing solutions for robotics and partners with leading companies in the robotics industry. Mechavison’s main product, Contact Skin, is a highly sensitive tactile skin that immediately triggers the emergency stop of a robot when sensing a firm touch. It can be applied to human-robot collaborative scenarios and complies with ISO 13849 (Cat.3, PL d) and ISO/TS 15066. Mechavision has been working with Mitsubishi Electric on transmitting information to the cloud via PLC control software to offer instant manufacturing status for factory managers.
ITRI’s 30-second video for CES 2020 is available here:
WHEN: Tuesday, January 7 – Friday, January 10, 2020, show floor hours
WHERE: Booth 25650, LVCC, South Hall 2
CONTACT: [email protected] or (415) 986-7212
The Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) is one of the world’s leading technology R&D institutions aiming to innovate a better future for society. Founded in 1973, ITRI has played a vital role in transforming Taiwan’s industries from labor-intensive into innovation-driven. It focuses on the fields of Smart Living, Quality Health, and Sustainable Environment.
Over the years, ITRI has incubated over 280 innovative companies, including well-known names such as UMC and TSMC. In addition to its headquarters in Taiwan, ITRI has branch offices in the U.S., Europe, and Japan in an effort to extend its R&D scope and promote opportunities for international cooperation around the world. For more information, please visit: http://www.itri.org/eng.
Disclaimer: The CES Innovation Awards are based upon descriptive materials submitted to the judges. CTA did not verify the accuracy of any submission or of any claims made and did not test the item to which the award was given.